Clayton & Brewill’s May 2023 newsletter is now available to view online.
In this issue, we look at a number of key talking points in the sector at the moment, including:
- The Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill: Companies House is getting major new powers, which will impacts company directors, secretaries, and people with significant control.
- Short-term property let: many websites urge property owners to start earning from their home or spare room – but what they don’t always mention is that HMRC may want a piece of the action.
- The Spring Budget 2023 confirmed an increase to the rate of Plastic Packaging Tax (PPT) from 1 April 2023.
- Employers’ PAYE: apply online for time to pay
- VAT: the option to tax explained
- Hybrid and flexible working: live issues for employers
Plus cyptolosses, an update on the plastic packaging tax and a landmark law case relating to director duties.